Description Glucometer Monitor :-
A glucose meter is a medical device for determining the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood. A small drop of blood, obtained by pricking the skin with a lancet, is placed on a disposable test strip that the meterreads and uses to calculate the blood glucose level.
- What is (CGM) Continuous Glucose Monitoring ?
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) is a method to track glucose levels throughout the day and night. CGM systems take glucose measurements at regular intervals, 24 hours a day, and translate the readings into dynamic data, generating glucose direction and rate of change reports.
- How does a Glucose Meter work ?
Glucometers provide readings by detecting the level of glucose in a person's blood. To get a reading, a person pricks the skin — most commonly, a finger — and applies the blood sample gained to a test strip inserted in the meter. The glucose in the blood reacts with the chemicals in the strip.
- How do you check blood sugar levels by glucometer ?
- After washing your hands, insert a test strip into your meter.
- Use your lancing device on the side of your fingertip to get a drop of blood.
- Touch and hold the edge of the test strip to the drop of blood, and wait for the result.
- Your blood glucose level will appear on the meter's display.
- Can you check blood sugar without blood ?
This diabetes monitor can read your blood sugar without any blood. CNBC's Erin Black, who has Type 1 Diabetes, puts it to the test to see if it's as accurate as previous glucose monitors that require a finger prick and blood.
- What is a average glucose level ?
Normal blood sugar levels are less than 100 mg/dL after not eating (fasting) for at least eight hours. ... For most people without diabetes, blood sugar levels before meals hover around 70 to 80 mg/dL. For some people, 60 is normal; for others, 90 is the normal.
- What happens if your blood sugar is over 400 ?
coma and death can occur simply because the blood sugar is so high.HHS usually occurs with blood sugar readings above 400 mg/dl as thebrain and other functions begin to shut down. When insulin levels are low, the body cannot use glucose present at high levels in the blood.
- Cost of Gulcometer in India ?
Cost of Gulcose Monitor in India is vary According to how much strip they useally provide with Gulcose Monitor but a average Range is from (INR 1000 to 10000)
- Manufatures of Gulcose Meter ?
- Contour Next EZ
- Accu-Chek Aviva Connect
- Accu-Chek Aviva Connect
- OneTouch Verio
- Walmart ReliON Confirm
- Abbott FreeStyle Lite
- Walgreens True2Go
- Livongo Health In Touch Meter
- Nova Max Plus
- Accu-Chek Smartview
- Sanofi iBGStar