Description-: A glucose meter is a medical device for determining the approximate concentration of glucose in the blood. A small drop of blood, obtained by pricking the skin with a lancet, is placed on a disposable test strip that the meterreads and uses to calculate the blood glucose level.
1. What is (CGM) Continuous Glucose Monitoring ?
Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM) is a method to track glucose levels throughout the day and night. CGM systems take glucose measurements at regular intervals, 24 hours a day, and translate the readings into dynamic data, generating glucose direction and rate of change reports.
2. How does a glucose monitor work ?
Glucometers provide readings by detecting the level of glucose in a person's blood. To get a reading, a person pricks the skin — most commonly, a finger — and applies the blood sample gained to a test strip inserted in the meter. The glucose in the blood reacts with the chemicals in the strip.
3. How do you monitor blood sugar levels ?
How to check with a meter:
- After washing your hands, insert a test strip into your meter.
- Use your lancing device on the side of your fingertip to get a drop of blood.
- Touch and hold the edge of the test strip to the drop of blood, and wait for the result.
- Your blood glucose level will appear on the meter's display.
4. Can you check blood sugar without blood ?
This diabetes monitor can read your blood sugar without any blood. CNBC's Erin Black, who has Type 1 Diabetes, puts it to the test to see if it's as accurate as previous glucose monitors that require a finger prick and blood.
5. What is a average glucose level ?
Normal blood sugar levels are less than 100 mg/dL after not eating (fasting) for at least eight hours. ... For most people without diabetes, blood sugar levels before meals hover around 70 to 80 mg/dL. For some people, 60 is normal; for others, 90 is the norm.
6. What happens if your blood sugar is over 400 ?
coma and death can occur simply because the blood sugar is so high.HHS usually occurs with blood sugar readings above 400 mg/dl as thebrain and other functions begin to shut down. When insulin levels are low, the body cannot use glucose present at high levels in the blood.
7. Cost of Gulcose Monitor in India ?
Cost of Gulcose Monitor in India is vary According to how much strip they useally provide with Gulcose Monitor but a average Range is from (INR 1000 to 10000)
8. Manufatures of Gulcose Monitor ?
- Contour Next EZ
- Accu-Chek Aviva Connect
- Accu-Chek Aviva Connect
- OneTouch Verio
- Walmart ReliON Confirm
- Abbott FreeStyle Lite
- Walgreens True2Go
- Livongo Health In Touch Meter
- Nova Max Plus
- Accu-Chek Smartview
- Sanofi iBGStar