Defibrillator is a medical product that restore natural heartbeat by sending to the heart an electrical pulse or shock. These are used to avoid or correct an arrhythmia, an erratic or too slow or too fast heartbeat. If the heart suddenly stops, defibrillators can also restart the rhythm of the heart. A defibrillator machine is used by emergency medical responders and in hospitals.
A patient having a cardiac arrest in the emergency with no heartbeat, no respiration and no blood pressure. The first thing is to do start CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation). If it doesn't work, defibrillation is given.
Different types of Defibrillators
There are many types of defibrillator machine, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. It's essential to know which one suits your requirements while searching for the right Defibrillator Monitor for you. Here is a guide to assist you to understand the different types of Defibrillator available in the market.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) : An Automated External Defibrillator (AED) is a life-saving device that can quickly and automatically diagnose a heart attack and provide CPR. AED's are available in public places such as airports, shopping malls, and sports arenas. The basic function of all AED is to provide an electrical shock to the heart muscle when it begins to fail. It's also called portable and external defibrillator.
- Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillator (ICD) : A small battery-powered electronic device called an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) or pacemaker is implanted in the chest to detect and stop abnormal heartbeats (arrhythmias). An ICD continuously monitors the heartbeat and, if necessary, administers electric shocks to re-establish a normal cardiac rhythm. Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) also knows as Pacemaker.
- Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillator (WCD) : The wearable cardioverter defibrillator is a non-invasive, life vest rechargeable external electrical device for patients at risk of sudden cardiac arrest. The WCD can be worn under the cloths all day long and keeps the wearer safe from potentially fatal ventricular tachyarrhythmias.
How do Defibrillators work
- AEDs : Automated external defibrillator or AED is a device that can help restart a heart if it stops beating. Electrodes, which are sticky pads with sensors, are applied to the chest of someone who is undergoing cardiac arrest. The electrodes convey data about the person's heart rhythm to the AED's computer. To determine whether an electric shock is required, the computer analyses the cardiac rhythm. The electrodes give the shock if it is required.
- ICDs : Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator or ICD are implanted in the chest or stomach area, where they can detect and treat arrhythmias. Arrhythmias can cause your heart to stop or interrupt the flow of blood from your heart to the rest of your body. To restore a normal heart rhythm, the ICD sends a shock.
- WCDs : Sensors attached to the skin are found in WCD. They are wired to a machine that monitors your heart's rhythm and administers shocks as needed. The WCD, like an ICD, can produce both low and high-energy shocks. The device is worn under your clothes and has a belt tied to a vest. Your provider fits the device to your size. It is programmed to detect a specific heart rhythm.
Our Top Picks of the Defibrillator:
Overall, the best Defibrillator:
- BPL Biphasic Defibrillator DF2617R : With the best reviews for 5.7" TFT colour LCD, low maintenance, long life and easy usability, this cardiac shock machine is the best defibrillator that comes with 24 events recorder and a warranty period of 1 years, It's defib price ranges between INR 1.68 Lakh- INR 1.73 Lakh.
- Philips HeartStart FRX AED : This defibrillator is our one of the top-selling electric heart shock machine with 9 Volt DC lithium-ion rechargeable 4.2 Ah, light weight to carry everywhere, and more. This heart defibrillator price ranges between INR 1.05 Lakh- 1.10 Lakh.
- Schiller Defigard 400 Biphasic Defibrillator : With the best reviews for high-quality, Large 8.4" color TFT screen with LED backlight, single rotary knob operation, 10-12 hours backup rechargeable lead acid battery, and more. This defib monitor come with 3 ECG strips memory, it's defibrillator monitor price ranges between INR 1.63 Lakh- INR 1.68 Lakh.
Bestseller in Defibrillator:
The boom of online shopping has brought us to buying medical supplies, even medical equipment on the web today. Defibrillator online shopping is like buying anything else on the internet, especially on a trusted online defibrillator shop like www.hospitalsstore.com. Best defibrillators to buy online for your personal care, patients in clinics and hospitals.