Fetal Monitor/Fetal Doppler
Fetal Monitor : A fetal monitor is an electronic unit that is used to track fetal heart rate and uterine contractions during labor, and prenatal monitoring of the health of the fetus. The heart rate of the baby and contractions can be monitored simultaneously or separately, and externally or internally. Fetal heart rate is detected externally via ultrasound waves through the mother's abdomen Uterine contractions are usually measured externally with a sensor applied to the mother's belly. The fetal heart rate can be measured internally once the water has broken - a sensor is applied to the baby's scalp to detect heart rate. If needed, the uterine contractions can also be measured internally with an electronic sensor. Whether the monitoring is external or internal, the mother's mobility is limited.
Fetal Doppler : Fetal doppler is an hand held device used for the diagnose of the fetal. It is used to listen the heart rate of the fetus. Fetal hand held doppler use the ultrasonic technology to enable practitioners to listen to the heartbeat of a fetus.
The average heart rate for fetuses ranges from 110bpm to 160 bpm. The heart rate of the fetus may change as the fetus responds to uterine conditions. An abnormal heart rate or pattern of the fetus may cause the fetus to not get enough oxygen or other problems. An abnormal pattern may also require the delivery of an emergency cesarean. Explore a big collection of Fetal Doppler, CTG Machine, NST Machine.
- Difference between Fetal Monitor and Fetal Doppler?
Fetal Doppler is an hand held device use for an small period of time to detect the fetal heart beat but fetal monitor is used for the continouse monitoring of the fetus during labour.
- Types of fetal monitor?
- Auscultation (Doppler transducer)
- Electronic fetal monitor
- Fetal monitor accessories and disposable?
- Ultrasonic transducer
- Movement marker
- Fetal electrode
- How to use fetal monitor?
- The foetal heart monitor detects frequency change and then transforms it into sounds.
- Foetal Doppler provides an audible stimulation of heart beat and may also display heart rate in Beats per minute.
- The foetal Doppler is used by exposing the abdomen and applying ultrasound or fetal doppler gel and placing the probe in the fetal doppler gel before turning on the foetal doppler mahine.
- The probe of the foetal doppler is glided from the pubic bone towards the umbilicus till foetal heartbeat is detected by the foetal doppler.
- Fetal Doppler scan at 6 weeks usually detects embryonic heartbeat.
- Foetal Doppler at 9 weeks usually detects 160-180 beats per minute. Fetal Doppler ultrasound normal values should be discussed with your doctor.
- Doppler Ultrasound for fetal heartbeat is usually very accurate, but still the Doppler ultrasound fetal heart rate should be discussed with a doctor when in doubt. You can compare from our foetal Doppler product catalogue to find best home Doppler fetal heartbeat monitor.
- Applications of the Fetal Doppler?
These devices are used during pregnancy or at the time of delivery. They help diagnose fetal hypoxia and other problems. Uterine contraction patterns are measured to determine the possibility of a premature birth. Multi-parameter models are capable of simultaneously monitoring the physiological activity of both mother and fetus. Some can detect and differentiate the heartbeats of twins or even triplets.
- How often should a Fetal Doppler be used?
Always use it when it's absolutely necessary or when you can have any concerns. Not to use the doppler at one go for more than 10 minutes. If in this time duration you can't find the heartbeat, take a break and then try again.
- Application and use of fetal monitor?
Fetal monitor is used for the purpose of diagnoses or continouse monitoring of fetus. Monitoring of fetus can be done by invasive or non-invasive method.These devices are used during pregnancy or at the time of delivery. They help diagnose fetal hypoxia and other problems. Uterine contraction patterns are measured to determine the possibility of a premature birth. Multi-parameter models are capable of simultaneously monitoring the physiological activity of both mother and fetus. Some can detect and differentiate the heartbeats of twins or even triplets.
- How do You know You are hearing baby's heartbeat?
Calculating the heart beat rate(BPM) is the most conclusive way to differentiate your heart beat from that of your baby. The baby has 120-180 BPM and 60-100 BPM for adults.
- Top manufactures and supplier of fetal monitor and fetal doppler?
- GE Healthcare
- Contec Medical
- General Meditech
- Important point to be consider when buying fetal monitor?
- Easy to use
- Twin Monitoring
- Low maintenance
- Alarm(audible & visual )
- Screen Size
- Parameters available
- Product certificate like European CE/USFDA/ISO
- Parts and accessoriess of fetal monitor?
- LED Display
- Power Code
- Main CPU board
- SMPS Board
- Why buy or use a Fetal Doppler?
If you are a mother for the first time or have complications involved in pregnancy, or if you live miles away from your doctor, sometimes you are obviously anxious. This little tool is a blessing for pregnant ladies who would like to hear the heart beat of the baby and be assured of their well-being.
- Where should we buy fetal monitor?
It is easy to buy the medical equipment online rather than the to contact the manufacturer. You can buy the fetal monitor from the hospitalsstore.com online.
- Fetal Monitor price range in India?
Price of the medical equipment depends upon the specification contains. The fetal monitor price range is INR 25000 to 2.50lakh.
- Fetal monitor service and repair?
If you want better service in less period of time you go to the online site www.hospitalsstore.com. Hospital Store provide better and fast service of all the medical equipment by the certified trained team.
- When to buy or use a Fetal Doppler at home?
It is best advised to buy them after 18 or 20 weeks as you cannot catch the sound until then. Also it takes a bit of a practice to use the instrument appropriately.