G Surgiwear G GISAIM Peritoneal Shunt
Please sign in so that we can notify you about a reply
Do you want to purchase this product in bulk quantity? Fill the form and our team will send you the best offer.
- The G Surgiwear G GISAIM Peritoneal Shunt has a limited but definite place in the treatment of a patient who has ASCITES which is resistant to medical management
- It reduces abdominal girth and weight, improves plasma volume, and is associated with an improvement of renal function and a reduction of salt retention. In contrast, medical therapy seems to compromise renal function.
- Although the peritoneo‐venous shunt does not prolong life, it does improve its quality
- There are complications associated with its use and it should, therefore, be inserted with care.
These shunts are available in 3 variants:
- double valve
- single valve, for Adult patients
- single valve, for Child patients
No reviews found