A dressing is of type a bandage(but not bandage) or sterile pad that is specifically designed to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds.
A medical dressing is placed over a wound to aid healing and protect it from further harm. It also used to clean wounds. So, a medical dressing should be included in all first aid kits.
Since no all wounds are the same, so the medical dressing for them varies. Flat wound dressings are required for wounds like pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and superficial burns. To prevent infections and promote faster wound healing, deeper cavity wounds, penetration wounds, gaping suture lines, and other wounds require special wound dressing and care.
Different types of medical dressing:-
There are many types of dressings, and it's important to know which one best suits your needs when shopping for one. Here's a quick reference guide to the various types of dressing available.
1. Antiseptic Dressing - In skin loss lesions such as ulcers, minor burns etc, these medical dressings are used to prevent infection and their frequency of application will depend upon the clinical circumstances.
2. Absorbent dressing - Generally, These medical dressings are made of absorbable non-allergenic cotton and available in three absorbency levels: low, medium, and high, and are used on wounds that produce exudates.
3. Hydrocolloid dressing - Hydrocolloid dressings are self-adhesive and moisture-retentive wound dressing, they help to speed up healing by creating moist conditions and are made of a flexible material for added comfort. Hydrocolloid dressings Vapor-permeable outer film that absorb water and form a gel or create a moist condition around the wound. Because this gel comes into direct contact with your wound, it speeds up the healing process.
You can use hydrocolloid dressing for bed sores, pressure ulcers, burns, lightly exuding wounds.
4.) Cohesive Bandage: These medical dressing stick well to each other but not to the skin. They aid in the relief of pain, sprains, and strains.
5). Silver Dressings: Silver Dressings are anti-microbial in nature and are used in a wound that is already infected. Specifically suited to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds and is cleared for the same indications. These medical dressings are available in Form dressing, dressing PAD, cotton etc. These wound care dressings have a polyurethane or non-woven backing with a non-adherent centre pad which absorbs exudates from the wound. Generally, these are waterproof dressings.
Choose medical dressing from the best brands online :-
If medical wound dressing online shopping is on your mind, then look no further than Hospitals Store to browse through the best brands like these:
1. Smith and Nephew dressings
Their medical dressing has some of the best wound dressings such as primapore dressing with features like long absorption capacity, low allergy-based adhesive which adheres to the skin but does not stick to the wound etc.
2. Coloplast wound dressing :
Coloplast has a range of some of the best wound dressings such as hydrocolloid and silver dressings that come with features like water- and bacteria proof to protect the wound, Semi-permeable top film etc.
3. Johnson and Johnson medical dressing:-
Johnson and Johnson manufactures many medical dressings such as hydrocolloid band-aid dressing, non-stick dressing, etc.
Bestseller in Medical Dressing :-
The boom of online shopping has brought us to buying medical supplies, even medical equipment on the web today. Medical dressing online shopping is like buying anything else on the internet, especially on a trusted online woundcare shop like www.hospitalsstore.com. Explore the wide product range of from top brands like Smith and Nephew, Coloplast, Johnson and Johnson more and buy surgical dressing online for your personal care, patient in clinic and hospitals.