1. What is Pulse oximeter?
Pulse oximeter is a small medical equipment used to measure blood oxygen saturation and Pulse measurement of the patient . Pulse oximeter is also know as Spo2 monitor . It display the Oxygen saturation level from the patient blood . Pulse oxymetry normal values are 90% to 100% . Pulse oximeter readings are shown on display.
2. Types of Pulse Oximeter?
- Finger Pulse Oximeter
- Handheld Pulse Oximeter
- Pediatric Pulse Oximeter
3.Reading Range of Pulse Oximeter?
Normal arterial oxygen is approximately 75 to 100 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). Values under 60 mm Hg usually indicate the need for supplemental oxygen. Normal pulse oximeter readings usually range from 95 to 100 percent. Values under 90 percent are considered low.
4. How Pulse oximeter level are measured?
Pulse oximeter values are measured a using the Pulse oximeter sensor . During the Pulse oximeter test a spo2 sensor is place at the patient finger to measure the pulse oximeter levels and values are shown on the display .
It can also be be used to check fetal pulse oximetry as well as cerebral oximetry.
5. What is Pulse oximeter principle?
It is based on the principle of absorption of light placed on patient body part, light passes through the photo detector then changing absorbance are recorded by the sensor to check pulse oxygen level. Changes are due to pulsing arterial blood, pulse oximeter accuracy is related to the contact level of sensor with body part. Pulse ox levels are measured by help of pulse oximeter circuit.
6. Application and use of Pulse Oximeter?
In a variety of situations, pulse oximeters can be used but are of particular value for monitoring anesthesia-wide oxygenation and pulse rates. During the recovery phase, they are also widely used. The saturation of oxygen should always be above 95 %. In patients with long-term respiratory disease or patients with congenital heart disease readings may be lower and reflect the severity of the disease .In emergency departments and ICUs, pulse-oximeter has proven clinical value. Patients with severe heart disease would often experience low levels of SpO2. Oximeters would help them to monitor their situation and, if necessary, use extra oxygen. A pulse oximeter plethgraph shows that the change in blood volume during a heart pulse is often a good indication of certain heart conditions.
7. Disposable and accessories of Pulse Oximeter?
- AC adapters
- Battery chargers
- Protective cases
- Table-top stands
- SpO2 extension cable
- Finger probe sensor
8.Pulse oximeters are widely used?
1. Speed:- The pulse oximeter measures the arterial saturation of oxygen in seconds for a patient; measurements obtained from arterial blood gases (ABG) may take a few minutes to obtain and are usually drawn by a respiratory analyst, sent to the blood gas laboratory, calculated and reported to the doctor as a final point.
2. Precise and easy to use:- With most patients, pulse oximeters are precise, especially in crisis situations where seconds are also important. Most button operation oximeters and as long as the probe is correctly placed, it can be used by virtually anyone. Oximeters of the latest generation are sleek, rough and even easier to use. In addition, they are available for home use now.
3. Non-invasiveand reliable:- The pulse oximeter performs through the nail-bed on a fingertip and measures. It is easy to use and very reliable if the oximeter is used properly and is regularly calibrated. Good peripheral circulation in the extremities of the patient is important for accurate measurements and most oximeters on the market integrate a perfusion gage that shows the patient's strength
9. What are the Top Pulse oximeter manufacturers and Brands?
Some of the top known brand for pulse oximetery are :-
- Nihon Kohden
- Nellcore Oximax
- Comen Medical
- Choicemmed medical
- Schiller healthcare
- BPL Medical
- Mindray medical
- Smiths medical
- Contec medical
Product Category Tags : -
Pulse oximeter, spo2, oxygen saturation, oxygen saturation level, what is pulse oximetry, pulse oxymetry, pulse measurement, oximax, blood oxygen saturation, pulse oximeter readings, nonin medical, spo medical, pulse ox levels, fetal pulse oximetry, what is an oximeter, pulse oximetry accuracy, pulse oximeter principle, my oximeter, pulse oximetry normal range, sensor spo2, pulse oximetry test, pulse oximeter levels, pulse oxygen level