Description of Pulse Oximeter :-
Pulse oximeter is a small medical equipment used to measure blood oxygen saturation and Pulse measurement of the patient . Pulse oximeter is also know as Spo2 monitor . It display the Oxygen saturation level from the patient blood . pulse oxymetry normal values are 95% to 100% . Pulse oximeter readings are shown on display . Buy Pulse Oximeter from Hospitalsstore.com at wide range at lowest price .
- What is Pulse oximeter principle ?
It is based on the principle of absorption of light placed on patient body part, light passes through the photo detector then changing absorbance are recorded by the sensor to check pulse oxygen level. Changes are due to pulsing arterial blood, pulse oximeter accuracy is related to the contact level of sensor with body part. Pulse ox levels are measured by help of pulse oximeter circuit.
- How Pulse oximeter level are measured ?
Pulse oximeter values are measured a using the Pulse oximeter sensor . During the Pulse oximeter test a spo2 sensor is place at the patient finger to measure the pulse oximeter levels and values are shown on the display . When I checked it last time , my oximeter level were 99% it can also be be used to check fetal pulse oximetry as well as cerebral oximetry.
- What are the Top Pulse oximeter manufacturers and Brands ?
Some of the top known brand for pulse oximetery are Nihon Kohden , Masimo, Nellcore Oximax , nonin medical,spo medical Comen Medical, Choicemmed medical, Schiller healthcare, BPL Medical, Skanray ,Edan , Mindray medical, Smiths medical, Contec medical, Biocare , Rossmax , Healforce, ihealth, Newtech Medical, Solaris medical.
- What is a pulse oximeter used for ?
For people with COPD, asthma, Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) and other conditions, pulse oximetry is a technology used to measure the oxygen level in your blood and your heart rate. A finger pulse oximeter is equipped with technology to rapidly detect changes in your blood oxygen level.
- Can pulse oximeter detect heart rate ?
Oximetry is the measurement of oxygen saturation in blood, and is usually expressed as a percentage (a normal reading is typically 97 percent or higher). Apulse oximeter is a non-invasive device that measures the oxygen saturation of a person's blood as well as their heart rate.
- Does your oxygen level drop when you sleep ?
Everyone's oxygen levels in the blood are lower during sleep, due to a mildly reduced level of breathing. Also, some alveoli drop out of use during sleep. If yourwaking oxygen saturation is greater than about 94 percent on room air, it is unlikely that your saturation during sleep will fall below 88 percent.
- What are the signs that a person needs oxygen ?
- rapid breathing.
- shortness of breath.
- fast heart rate.
- coughing or wheezing.
- changes in the color of your skin.
- How can I get more oxygen into my blood ?
- When the weather allows, open your windows. Access to fresh air is essential for breathing more easily. ...
- Grow green things. Introducing live plants into your home will increase available indoor oxygen. ...
- Exercise. ...
- Practice mindfulness. ...
- Eat fresh, iron-rich foods