The handle on the top of the stopcock is used to open and close lines to give 3-way flow (from inlet to outlet, inlet to side-port, or side port to outlet). The device can also be used to reduce two lines to one, as well as for drug/drug infusion and extension line attachment.
A stopcock is a type of valve that regulates the flow of liquid or gas. The phrase isn't precise, and it's used to describe a variety of valves. The valve's main continuous feature is that it is designed to totally stop the flow when fully closed. A stopcock resembles a tap but does not have an exit spout. It will operate as a connection between two lengths of pipe.
Types of stopcock :
There are different types of Stopcock . Here's a quick reference guide to the various types of Stopcock.
- 2 way stopcock- This type of 2-way stopcock is designed for the manual regulation of liquid or gas flow in a line and will not discolored during gamma irradiation. It can resist up to 43 psi and will not discolored under gamma inactivation.
- 3 way stopcock- The handle on the top of the stopcock is used to open and close lines, providing 3-way flow. The device can also be used to reduce two lines to one, as well as for drug infusion and extension line attachment.
- 4 way stopcock- A four-way stopcock may rotate 360 degrees and has states for each of the four places. The gadget can also be used to combine two lines into one for drug infusion or the insertion of extension lines.
Choose Stopcock from the best brands online :
- Becton Dickinson stop cock- It's a three-way stopcock with or without extension lines. It's a stopcock with a straight through hole. It is composed of new grade polycarbonate and is manufactured utilising an unique moulding method that leads to increased crack resistance in the event of excess flow. They have on/off snaps that allow the patient to verify that the stopcock is entirely closed.
- Nulife stop cock- It's used to ensure that drugs are administered correctly. In regular processes, it can endure pressure. The arrows on the tap indicate the flow direction. Up to three bars of pressure can be applied without leaking.
- Romsons stop cock-The Romsons is a three-way stopcock that can be used for infusions and invasive blood pressure monitoring. The stopcock is made of medical-grade, lipid-compliant polycarbonate that is clear and transparent. It has a three-arm handle that is simple to use. The gadget enables for the smallest possible residual volume. The strong construction of the stopcock, together with the circular flow-channel, avoids the occurrence of air-trap.
Bestseller in Stopcock online :
The boom of online shopping has brought us to buying medical supplies, even medical equipment on the web today. Stopcock online shopping is like buying anything else on the internet, especially on a trusted online shop like www.hospitalsstore.com. Explore the wide product range of from top brands like Romsons, Nulife, B Braun, BD, patient in clinic and hospitals.
Buyer's guide and FAQs about Stopcock.