Description of Urine bag or Urobag
A urine drainage bag or urine bag is used to collect urine from the bladder. The patient’s urine bag will be attached to a catheter (a tube) that is inside the bladder of the patient. The patient may have a catheter and urine drainage bag because he/she is suffering from urine leakage (urinary incontinence), not being able to urinate, and surgery that made a urine catheter bag necessary, or maybe another health problem. A urine bag or urobag can be stay attached to a patient’s bladder at least 4 weeks. Urine bags are made from plastic such as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) which is soft body-worn plastic.
Different types of urine bags :
There are many types of urine bags, and it's important to know which one best suits your needs when shopping for one. Here's a quick reference guide to the various urine bag available.
Adult urine bag - adult urine bags are used for adult males and females. it works in the same way for males and females a thin tube called a catheter goes into your bladder. This lets the urine flow out. the patient may use a catheter if they have nerve damage, a problem with the patient's urinary tract, or diseases that weaken bladder muscles. there are two types of urine bags for adults
- Leg urine bag - leg urine bag is directly attached to the catheter tube. It collects all the urine produced during the day and becomes heavier as it fills. it is attached to the leg of the patient.
- Urine drainage bags - this urine bag collects urine and it can be hung on a stand. your bag will attach to a catheter (tube) that is inside your bladder. You may have a catheter and urine drainage bag because of urinary incontinence (leakage).
Pediatric urine bag - pediatric urine bag is used for newborn babies to collect urine from their bladder. this pediatric urine bag does not contain a catheter with it.
Different types of urine catheters of urine bags :
as we know that every urine bag is attached to different types of urine catheters so here are the details below.
- Foley catheters (urethral catheter or suprapubic catheter) - A foley catheter is attached to a urine bag that resides in the bladder of the patient. This can be useful for long periods of time. A foley catheter which is connected to a urine bag usually inserted into the bladder through the urethra, a healthcare provider will insert the foley catheter into the bladder through a tiny hole in the abdomen, and this type of urine catheter is called a suprapubic catheter. A tiny balloon at the end of the catheter is used to prevent the tube from sliding out of the body.
- External catheter (condom urine catheter) - A condom catheter is attached to a urine bag, the catheter is placed outside the body of the patient’s genital area. Sometimes it is necessary for patients who don’t have urinary problems but have serious mental disabilities. This device looks like a condom covers the penis head. A tube leads from the condom device to a urine drainage bag.
- Short-term catheter bag (Nelaton catheter) - this urine catheter is attached to the urine bag. this urine catheter is only for a short period of time after surgery until the bladder empties. After the bladder empties, it’s necessary to remove the short-term urine catheter.
Choose urine bags from the best brands online:
If urine bag shopping is on your mind, then look no further than Hospitals Store to browse through the best brands like these:
1. Romsons urine bag -
Their urine bag has some of the best urine bags with features like great product quality, Super Smooth Kink Resistant Tubing, and a urine bag is equipped with an efficient non-return valve with a top outlet.
2. Polymed urine bag -
Polymed has a range of some of the best urometer bag that comes with feature like premium urine collection bag is equipped with a non-return valve to stop the backflow of urine and bacteria-proof film etc.
3. Coloplast urine bag -
Coloplast manufactures some of the best urine drainage bags which come with features like a 2-step outlet or lever tap, a 2-step outlet tap that prevents the risk of urine drips, and a Lever tap which is easy to operate.
Bestseller in urine bag :
The boom of online shopping has brought us to buying medical supplies, even medical equipment on the web today. Urine bag online shopping is like buying anything else on the internet, especially on a trusted online urine bag shop like www.hospitalsstore.com. Explore the wide product range of top brands like Romsons, Coloplast, Polymed, Omex, and more. buy Urine bags online for your personal care, patients in clinics and hospitals.