Foam wound dressings are ideal for wounds that are oozing, whether a small amount or a lot. Foam dressings are used to treat partial and full-thickness wounds, respectively. Leg ulcers are one type of wound that can benefit from foam dressings.
Wound Dressing :
A medical dressing is of type a bandage or sterile pad that is specifically designed to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds. A wound care dressings is placed over a wound to aid healing and protect it from further harm. Wound bandage also used to clean wounds. So, a gauze dressing for wounds should be included in all first aid kits. Since no all wounds are the same, so the wound vac dressing for them varies. wound dressing bandage dressing are required for wounds like pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, and superficial burns. To prevent infections and promote sterile pads for wounds healing, deeper cavity wounds, penetration wounds, gaping suture lines, and other wounds require special wound dressing and care.
Wound gauze, lint, wound plasters, wound care bandages, and cotton wound dressing are examples of traditional wound dressings that are dry and used as primary wound dressing or secondary dressings to protect the wound from exposure.
Different types of wound dressings :
There are many types of wound dressings, and it's important to know which one best suits your needs when shopping for one. Here's a quick reference guide to the various types of dressing available.
1. Burn wound dressings- This type of wound dressing is used for covering burn wounds, however films, foams, alginates, hydrocolloids, and hydrogels can also be employed depending on the dressing's unique features and the burn's special demands.
2. Absorbent wound dressing- Generally, super absorbent wound dressings are made of absorbable non-allergenic cotton and available in three absorbency levels: low, medium, and high, and are used on wounds that produce exudates.
3. Hydrocolloid wound dressing- These wound care dressings are self-adhesive and moisture-retentive wound dressing, they help to speed up healing by creating moist conditions and are made of a flexible material for added comfort. Hydrocolloid wound dressing consist a vapor-permeable outer film that absorb water and form a gel or create a moist condition around the wound.
4. Wound bandage tape- These medical dressing stick well to each other but not to the skin. They aid in the relief of pain, sprains, and strains.
5. Silver wound dressing: This surgical wound dressing is anti-microbial in nature and used in a wound that is already infected. Specifically suited to help manage moderate to highly exuding wounds and is cleared for the same indications. These wound care dressings have a polyurethane or non-woven backing with a non-adherent center pad which absorbs exudates from the wound. Generally, these are waterproof wound dressings.
6. Hydrogel wound dressing- Hydrogels are used to dissolve scab on the wound area and are advised for wounds that vary from dry to weakly exuding. these types of wound dressing provide a cooling and relaxing effect on skin, which is beneficial in the treatment of burns and severe wounds.
7. Adhesive wound dressing- Adhesive dressings come in a variety of sizes, allowing them to cover a wide spectrum of cuts and grazes. Such wound dressings enable a wound to breath and recover while remaining infection-free.
8. Waterproof wound dressing- Wound waterproof covering are transparent film dressings that are covered with adhesive and made of Polyurethane film. A bacterial barrier is provided by a transparent, waterproof film layer. they are nonetheless porous and breathable.
Choose best wound dressing brands online :-
If medical wound dressing online shopping is on your mind, then look no further than Hospitals Store to browse through the best brands like these:
1. Smith and nephew wound dressing- Their medicated wound dressing has some of the best wound dressings such as primapore wound dressing with features like long absorption capacity, low allergy-based adhesive which adheres to the skin but does not stick to the wound etc.
2. Coloplast wound dressing- Coloplast has a range of some of the best wound dressings such as hydrocolloid and silver wound dressings that come with features like water- and bacteria proof to protect the wound, Semi-permeable top film etc.
3. Johnson and Johnson wound dressing- Johnson and Johnson manufactures many medical dressings such as hydrocolloid dressing, non-stick dressing, etc.
4. MaxioCel Wound dressing- Their surgical wound dressing is a sterile, antimicrobial wound dressing that is highly absorbent. It works well on surgical wounds, surgical incisions, and wound filler for shallow cavities. The ease with which MaxioCel Dressing can be applied and removed lowers patient discomfort.
5. Datt wound dressing- A transparent film dressing plus a non adherent pad make up the Datt wound dressing with Pad. Polyurethane is used to make the film, which is transparent, waterproof, breathable, and antibacterial.
Above mentioned wound dressing brands are top manufacturers of wound and surgical dressing. Their wound dressings are premium quality products and manufactured by using quality assured material and advanced techniques, which make them up to the standard in this highly challenging field.
Buy Wound Dressings Online At Wholesale Price From Hospitals Store :
We offer the wound dressing price for home use, hospitals, clinics, nursing, medical stores and more. At our online medical shop "Hospitals Store" we offer the best wound dressings for infected wound, open wounds, burns, eschar, sloughy wounds and more . Wound dressing price at Hospitals Store is the lowest price compared to other sellers. There are different types of wound dressing in different price range that can be purchased online.
We've put together a buyer's guide and FAQs below to help you choose the right types of bandages for wounds for your needs and price based on your budget.
Buyer's guide and FAQs about Wound dressing.